Search This Blog

Tuesday 6 January 2009

Intervening Prayer

In 1 Samuel 2: 1 - 11 Hannah (favoured by God) Sings a new song in prayer. She expresses her delight in the one who delivers and who is dependable.

"My heart rejoices in the Lord; in the Lord my horn is lifted high. My mouth boasts over my enemies, for I delight in your delieverance.

There is no one Holy like the Lord; there is no one besides you; there is no Rock like our God." (1 Samuel 2:1 - 2)

Hannah delights in the Lord's deliverance.

Hannah depends on His Holiness and Strength.

The nation is in decay. The religious leaders are corrupt. God's hand of grace is on the humble and His hand of judgement on the proud.

God's design is to intervene with grace when the humble seek His face. He interrupts with judgerment when the proud refuse to regard Him.

The way of grace for the humble leads to life.

The way of greed for the proud leads to death.

If we are to experiece God's miraculous intervention, then we need to embrace God's way to His throne of grace and mercy:

"If my people who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sins and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place." 2 Chronicles 7:14

No comments:

Post a Comment