Search This Blog

Saturday 7 February 2009

Abide

Jeremiah 2:13

"My people have committed two sins:
They have forsaken me, the spring of living water, and have dug their own cisterns, broken cisterns that cannot hold water. "

John 7:37-38

On the last and greatest day of the Feast, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him."

John 15:4

Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.


These three pictures impress on me the importance of the power and presence of God in our lives. An empty well serves no effective purpose. A thirst unquenched is unbearable. Branches disconnected from the vine bear no fruit.

Our lives are vessels for the presence of Christ. When we drink from the life of Jesus, streams of living water flow. When we remain in Him then His life bears fruit through us.

The warning is to be aware of the danger of digging our own wells instead of relying on the Spring of living water.

We need Him everyday .

No comments:

Post a Comment